funding and program manager
The Learning Institute (LI) is a non-profit Cambodian organization working with a wide range of civil society and community-based organizations, supporting rural communities who depend on natural resources for their livelihoods – across agriculture, forestry, and fisheries. It engages local stakeholders, both community members and government authorities, as participants in Action Research projects based on Landscape Approach principles, to develop more collaborative, integrated and sustainable Natural Resource Management in Cambodia.
The Learning Institute is now seeking a creative and proactive candidate (Cambodian or International) to work with the Learning Institute team in the role of Funding and Program Manager.
- Act as the primary writer in drafting new concept notes, proposals and situation analyses, coordinating the development process with the team and under the guidance of the Executive Director.
- Provide overall leadership during the proposal submission phase – developing proposals, designing logical frameworks for new projects, setting realistic and measurable targets and addressing ad hoc donor requests.
- Work with the Finance Manager on budget development and ensure consistency with program planning.
- Support national Officers in ensuring that program synergies are identified, and donor-specific safeguards are incorporated throughout project design and implementation, adopting and maintaining a participatory approach to program development, taking in consideration different stakeholder needs.
- Track project implementation and progress, identify potential challenges/obstacles to meeting donor and internal reporting deadlines, and respond to any project-related query from the donors and/or other stakeholders.
- Compile, review and edit donor and internal reports, and ensure quality assurance and compliance with donor reporting requirements.
- Support projects to ensure that implementation follows donor guidelines and expectations, and ensure proper follow up of issues raised.
- Ensure that reporting guidelines, formats, philosophy, deadlines for each project and donor are communicated to national Officers/Project Managers involved in the implementation of projects.
- Play a key role in regular Strategic Management Team meetings, which includes representation from each unit (Programs, Finance and Communications) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised.
- Work with the Communications Manager, ensuring information flows from field sites/projects and its integration in a continuum of media outputs.
- Assist the team in context-analysis and research regarding the current political, socio-economic and security situation in Cambodia, to inform mission’s strategy development and/or proposal writing.
- Partnership building and Networking- help to develop partnership agreements and maintain active linkages with donors, NGO partners, Government, Research and Training Institutions, and Universities as well as participating in networks on behalf of LI
- Assist in an analysis of the internal environment, external operating environment, organizational capacity, and organizational performance
- Working closely with the Executive Director, support the BoD
- Help to monitor the current five year strategic action and monitoring plan, in consultation with the management team, staff, Board of Directors and key partners
- Help to review and provide inputs to LI’s report including report to donor, research report and annual report;
- Assist each program component with monitoring and reporting on progress;
- Assist with editing/proofreading of major reports and publications.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Last date for applications: 10 April 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview