Project Officer (URGENT)
The Learning Institute - People and Natural Resources is a non-profit Cambodian organization working with a wide range of civil society, public, private and community based organizations so that they can contribute more effectively to the sustainable management of natural resources for the benefit of rural people.
The Learning Institute is now seeking a creative and proactive candidate (Cambodian) to work with the Learning Institute team to develop and implement an effective overall strategic program plan for the Learning Institute and coordinate with multidisciplinary teams to design and implement projects through research, training, documentation and networking of the core functions of The Learning Institute.
- Lead and coordinate field work at provincial and community level activities;
- Conduct field studies, training assessment and delivery, community group formation and dialogue events;
- Documentation/case study on gender awareness, livelihoods improvement;
- Mentoring and support to local community in target areas of LI’s project;
- Developing and conducting M&E or impact assessment of the project based on overall project work plan, and improvement/ modification of project/program activities as well as annual work plan;
- Prepare the project progress report;
Contribute to research reports and publications;
Contribute ideas for proposal development, website and other communications;
Coordination of activities, co-develop workplans and budgets, progress and annual reports;
Coordinate with Learning Institute team and Senior Finance Officer to prepare regular technical and financial reports for the Executive Director, and donors.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in a discipline relevant to environmental science, forestry, fishery, natural resource management or a related field;
- Three years of relevant project experience in natural resource management or related field;
- Experience and understanding of action research, collaborative research and/or research capacity building;
- Project Management skills, including planning, monitoring and reporting;
- Proposal development experience;
- Excellent English (oral and written), communication and organizational skills.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Last date for applications: 27 July 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview